✨ How to follow through on your big hairy writing goals
This is why S.M.A.R.T writing goals don't work, and what to do instead.
Hint: It has everything to do with time blocking and thinking small(er).
Enchanting Marketing → Write more, fret less with smarter than S.M.A.R.T writing goals
✨ Permission to teach with a beginners mind
Let go of the idea of being an expert. You don't need to know it all to teach others. You just need to show up where you're at.
We need more beginners to teach because:
- "Beginners want to see other beginners."
- "More beginners means more humility!"
- "More beginners will mean more forgiveness for mistakes."
And that's just for starters.
Tatiana Mac → 10 reasons why beginners should teach
✨ How to stay off the damn phone
I have a love-hate relationship with my phone, but the issue isn't with my phone. Not really. It's with how I use the phone throughout the day.
Do you find yourself reaching for your device when you should be doing something else? Maybe the tips in this article will help.
My favourite two are:
- "Get a hobby and an “I’m bored and I need to shut my brain off for a little while” activity."
- "Let go of the idea that you have to be constantly on, available, and up to speed on every micro-drama, meme, and niche news story."
Vice → A useful guide to NOT being on your phone all the time
✨ Manage your calendar like a boss
It's not about what you do with your time each day, it's about how you've planned it. Nir Eyal shares two questions that'll make you more mindful about how you're spending time:
- “When in my schedule did I do what I said I would do and when did I get distracted?”
- “Are there changes I can make to my calendar that will give me the time I need to better live out my values?”
Nir & Far → How to manage your calendar more mindfully
✨ Rediscovering and owning your creative talents
"I believe we are all artists. We all have creative energy. We just need permission to share it."
I love this piece by Lauren Valdez. In it she writes about how she hid her creative side away for years because it wasn't considered 'cool' by her peers. If you find yourself wanting to reconnect with that part of you who wants to sing, dance, paint, draw or design, this is for you.
Lauren Valdez → I am an artist